1.2
Additional Fees
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 16

Greenberg Dental has refunded the $65 to me for the full mouth debridement and apologized if I felt deceived as that was not their intention. Honestly, that was unexpected since I had spoken with Wanda in Greenberg's corporate customer service (who was extremely rude by the way) and she made it clear that I was not getting a refund and that was that.

So it was out of the blue when I got a call from the office manager this morning and she apologized that I felt deceived and promptly issued a refund after we got off the phone. I'm not sure if they really decided on their own that they should issue the refund, or if it was all the reviews, the BBB complaint, notifying my insurance of the issue, and reporting it to my credit card company... but I'm glad they finally came through.

I won't be going back here, but I would advise anyone who does choose this dentist to be careful and very thorough when discussing treatment. To their partial credit the staff here were nice, until there was a problem.

Original review posted by user Feb 14

Long story short: I requested a general cleaning. Without telling me, they performed a more expensive and intense cleaning.

Greenberg Dental is refusing to refund my money. Greenberg Dental is deceiving patients into getting more expensive procedures so they can collect more money from the patient and the insurance company. For details, see below: I went here for the first time ever just the other day. I needed a general cleaning and an exam, which is what I told the lady on the phone when I booked the appointment.

At the appointment, I was asked multiple times if I wanted a cleaning, which of course I said yes because that's why I was there! The doctor did the exam, discussed a couple issues with my teeth, and again asked if I wanted a cleaning. Then he left the room to put together a treatment plan for me. When the doctor and assistant returned they showed me the treatment plan and explained that the top portion was for the exam and cleaning today, and the other portions were for additional work to be done at future visits.

I was then asked again if I wanted to do the cleaning that day, which again I said yes, so we got started. It was the most painful cleaning I have ever had in my life!! I thought they must be terrible at their job, because a cleaning should not hurt this much! I was visibly in pain and asked if we could just stop.

Finally the doctor asked if I wanted my mouth numbed. After numbing, we finished up the cleaning, went over the treatment plan again for my future dental work, and I went up front to check out. I was told I had to pay $70 ($5 for the office visit and $65 for the cleaning). I paid, because I stupidly assumed that I had *** dental insurance and a cleaning wasn't covered at 100%.

Later, I checked with my insurance because it just didn't seem right that I had to pay $65 for a cleaning. I discovered that my insurance covers a general cleaning at 100%, so I called the dental office to find out why I paid $65 when it should have been at no cost to me. I was then told that I did not get a general cleaning, they did a full mouth debridement which is way more intense than a general cleaning and not covered 100% by insurance. I was shocked, because at no point while I was there did anyone tell me that they were not doing a general cleaning.

The girl on the phone told me that a general cleaning must be prescribed by the doctor and it wasn't, so that is why they did the full mouth debridement. Never in 32 years of going to the dentist have I ever heard that a general cleaning has to be prescribed! I told them that I never agreed to a full mouth debridement, I scheduled a general cleaning and if anyone had told me that they were going to do this other more intense procedure and wouldn't do a general cleaning for me then I would have just ended the appointment at the exam and been on my way to find a dentist who would do a normal, general cleaning. I requested my money back for this unnecessary procedure that I did not agree to, and told them that they need to bill my insurance for the general cleaning since the consent for treatment that they had me sign lists "D1110: Prophylaxis" at visit 1 and not a full mouth debridement.

I am still trying to get this resolved with Greenberg Dental. They have extremely shady and deceptive business practices and this is not ok.

Review about: Greenberg Dental And Orthodontics Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Deceptive business practices, Rude associates.

Comments